The Fisker Ocean has won an inaugural THE ZEVAS zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) award, chosen at the Los Angeles Auto Show in conjunction with Electrify America.
The Fisker Ocean made its global debut at the 2021 LA Auto Show earlier this week. The Fisker Ocean won in the Crossover (US$50,000 and below) category.
The other finalist in the Crossover under $50,000 category were Alpha Motor Company Electric JAX, and the Ford Mustang Mach-E.
“We are honored to be one of the first winners of this award,” Fisker Chairman and CEO Henrik Fisker said. “The public has begun to recognize that many EVs are now coming to market, and we’re excited to be launching an electric SUV that starts at $37,499, making it accessible for everyone.”
The Fisker Ocean will be built at Magna-Steyr‘s the carbon-neutral factory in Graz, Austria.
Electrify America has built the largest open DC-charging network in the US.
THE ZEVAS are the official zero-emission awards of the Los Angeles Auto Show.
“Our amazing community of car fans and LA Auto Show visitors helped make THE ZEVAS a huge success, ushering thousands of votes to award this year’s winners,” said Lisa Kaz, owner and CEO of the LA Auto Show. “Introducing this first-of-its-kind awards program totally surpassed our expectations thanks to the support of Electrify America and our automotive partners.”
The Fisker Ocean, in Sport trim level, will have an estimated range of 250 miles and feature a sleek, stylish design, as well as innovative automotive technology and a sustainable interior made from recycled materials, such as plastic bottles, old t-shirts, and reclaimed fishing nets.
The Fisker Ocean was one of nine THE ZEVAS award winners, selected from more than 90 qualifying zero-emission vehicles.
Winners and finalists »
- Compact » Hyundai KONA Electric
- Other finalists » Aptera Motors Aptera, BMW i3
- Coupe » Alpha Motor Co. ACE Coupe
- Other finalists » ElectraMeccanica eRoadster, Polestar 1
- Crossover (under $50,000) » Fisker Ocean
- Other finalists » Alpha Motor Company Electric JAX, Ford Mustang Mach-E
- Crossover (above $50,000) » Tesla Model Y
- Other finalists » Kia EV6, Tesla Model X
- Hatchback/Van/Wagon » Canoo Lifestyle Vehicle
- Other finalists » Audi e-tron Sportback, Faraday Future FF91
- Sedan ($60,000 and below)» Tesla Model 3
- Other finalists » BMW i4, Polestar 2
- Sedan (above $60,000)» Lucid Air
- Other finalists » Porsche Taycan, Tesla Model S
- Sport Utility Vehicle » Mullen FIVE
- Other finalists » Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, Rivian R1S
- Truck » Rivian R1T
- Other finalists » Ford F-150 Lightning, Tesla Cybertruck