- Technology demonstrator with innovative solutions to enhance quality of life and road safety in cities, protect the climate, conserve resources, and improve driver health and safety
- Fine particle filters on the front module and underbody reduce emissions by more than 50 percent
- Energy from the solar roof enables range to be extended by several thousand kilometres per year
- Innovative use of recycled materials demonstrates the potential of a circular economy
- Increased thermal efficiency through heating close to the body increases comfort and extends vehicle range
- As of the second half of 2022 Mercedes‑Benz Vans will be successively rolling out a sustainable repair concept for high-voltage batteries in all van segments
Last-mile vans that are climate neutral, produce their own green electricity and can actively improve the air quality in cities: with its technology demonstrator, the Sustaineer (SustainABILITY PIONeer), Mercedes‑Benz Vans is providing us with a tangible impression of just how sustainability in urban delivery operations may look in the future. The fully electric van based on the Mercedes-Benz eSprinter combines a variety of innovative solutions designed to improve the quality of life in cities, to conserve resources and protect the climate, and to better the health and safety of the driver and other road users. These include a fine particle filter on the front module and underbody, a solar panel on the roof, component parts made of recycled materials as well as a heating system which is close to the body. The innovations and technical solutions that the Sustaineer is fitted with have been designed with the possibility of series production in mind, so that their use in future Mercedes-Benz Vans vehicle generations is feasible.