Hyundai revealed pricing, packaging and the 58kWh battery pack option for its much anticipated Hyundai Ioniq 5, it’s new all-electric SUV / Crossover.
Customers can select from two battery pack options, either 58 kWh or 77.4 kWh, and two electric motor layouts, either a rear motor only or both front and rear motors for all-wheel-drive.
The Ioniq 5 SE Standard Range with the 58kWh battery pack starting price is USD$39,700, for an effective new price of $32,200, after the EV tax credit of $7,500 ($33,425 including delivery).
The Ioniq 5 SE with its 77.4 kWh battery pack starts at USD$43,650 and drops to $36,150 after the federal tax credit ($37,375 including delivery).
The 2022 Ioniq 5 is claimed to charge from 10 to 80 percent in just 18 minutes, more than 300 miles of range, in a sleek design.
2022 IONIQ 5 Pricing
|Model||Electric Powertrain||Drivetrain||Driving Range (mi.)||MSRP|
|SE Standard Range*||168HP rear motor||RWD||220||$39,700|
|SE||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$43,650|
|SE||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$47,150|
|SEL||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$45,900|
|SEL||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$49,400|
|Limited||225HP rear motor||RWD||303||$50,600|
|Limited||320HP dual motor||AWD||256||$54,500|
Freight charges for the 2022MY IONIQ 5 are $1,225.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5’s standard features include »
- 800-volt, 350 kW ultra-fast charging
- 19-inch aero wheels
- 12.3-inch touchscreen navigation with EV technology display
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Bluelink® connected car system with remote charge access
- Highway Drive Assist 1 & Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go and Machine Learning
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Car/Pedestrian/Cyclist Detection
- Blind-spot Collision Avoidance-Assist / Safe Exit Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist & Lane Following Assist
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
- Parametric Pixel LED lighting elements
- Auto Flush Door Handles & Hidden Charge Port Door
- Unlimited 30-minute charging sessions for two years on Electrify America’s growing network of chargers
The IONIQ 5 goes on sale in late December 2021.
Eligibility for the US federal tax credit of up to $7,500 is dependent on individual tax circumstances.
Elsewhere » CNET Roadshow / The Drive / The Detroit Bureau / Automotive News 🔒 / The Detroit Bureau